Jasmine Tea smoked Gressingham duck with baby vegetables (Serves 2)
• 3 jasmine tea bags, opened and leaves removed
• 2-4tbsp soft brown sugar
• freshly ground black pepper
• 1 Gressingham duck breast
• 6 baby carrots, peeled
• 6 baby leeks, trimmed
• 2 small Shallots
• drizzle of olive oil
• freshly ground black Pepper
1. Heat a large frying pan or wok lined with foil. Pour the tea leaves in with the sugar.
2. Season the duck fillet with salt and pepper. Place the duck on a rack and then into the pan. Place the lid on and smoke for 20-25 minutes.
3. Bring a pan of water to the boil and blanch the baby carrots and leeks for 2-3 minutes. Drain.
4. Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the vegetables with the seasoning for a few minutes to braise.
5. Remove the duck from the heat and allow to rest. serve on top of the baby vegetables with pan juices